Friday, October 7, 2011

Life Without The Rose Colored Glasses!


Just as the blog 'It May Not Be Pretty But It's Mine!' is a front row seat into my soul, 'GingerSNAPS and VODKA' is the magnifying glass into 'Life's' core.

Life is not 'Peaches and Cream'. There are challenges to overcome and battles to be won..and lost.

Often times life's ups and downs can occur within the same day.

So why the title 'GingerSNAPS and VODKA'? The cookie that is the most accurate representation of me (and also my favorite) is a Gingersnap. It is subtly sweet coupled with a spicy undertone, with an 'in your face' bite to it. You either like Gingersnaps or you don't!

I have been known to call a 'good day' a 'Gingersnap' day. On the other hand, I have also been known to call the nights that I wish would end but never do, 'Vodka' nights.

It is important for me to state that none of my blogs are particular to any one ethnicity, gender, or lifestyle. My ethnicity, being primarily African American, I may tend to speak as a black woman and relate more with the black community, however, American Indian, Dutch, French, and a number of other ethnic variations and nationalities also flow through my veins.

So, even though the contents of our day's and the matters of our night's may very based on who and what we are, the experience of life is unbiased. We all experience 'Gingersnap' days that can quickly turn into 'Vodka' nights. This blog is intended to share those experiences. EVERYBODY'S experiences...Not solely my own. We are all in this together and we can all learn from one another.


Go to Part 3 - The TRUTH Shall Set You Free! The Meaning Behind 'Does Anyone Else See The Big Ass Elephant In The Room?'

Read Part 1 - Real People Don't Hide Behind Masks! The Meaning Behind 'It May Not Be Pretty But It's Mine!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...